The Course Copy feature can be used to copy course materials from a Master Course to the current or next term course shell, or to copy content into multiple sections of a course in the same term. For example, you may have two English 101 courses in spring term; you can develop your content in one of these courses and then copy all materials into your other section.
Using the Course Copy Feature:
- Begin by entering the Master Course that you wish to duplicate.
- In the Control Panel area on the left side of the screen, click Packages and Utilities.
- Click Course Copy; the “Course Copy” screen will appear.
- In section 1, select Copy Course Materials in Existing Course.
- In section 2, click Browse. In the “Browse” window you will see a list of your courses.
- Click in the circle adjacent to the name of the course you wish to copy materials into.
- Scroll down and click Submit. You will be returned to the “Course Copy” screen.
- In section 2, click the check-boxes for the materials you wish to copy. We recommend checking all boxes to ensure that everything is copied.
- In section 3, click Calculate Size. This calculates the course size to make sure it does not exceed the limit. Use the Manage Package Contents button to remove items from the package to be copied.
- Skip section 4, which governs enrollments. Do NOT copy enrollments.
- Scroll down and click Submit.
NOTE: An email will be sent when the copy request is complete. However, if you do not immediately see content in your destination course, please give the system a few hours before contacting Support or re‐copying. Submitting another copy request will likely result in duplicated content in the destination course.