Student Response System: Top Hat
Student response system that utilizes students' personal devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops, etc.) combined with interactive slides to facilitate classroom discussions, track attendance, and conduct real time polls or quizzes. Outside of the classroom, Top Hat offers an InteractiveText platform where instructors can adopt, customize, or create Open Educational Resources for their courses in place of traditional textbooks.
- Interactive slides - Include Top Hat questions in your slides and display your students' responses in real time.
- Attendance Tracking
- Create, personalize, and assign homework with auto-grade capabilities.
- Top Hat results can be imported into Blackboard Learn.
- Anonymous access - Useful for polling audiences during conferences or events with non-OHIO participants.
- Content Transfer Service - By request, Top Hat staff will assist instructors in transferring content into Top Hat. See Help and Resources to learn more.
- Open Educational Resources
- In-class polling.
- Interactive class discussions.
- Attendance tracking.
- Publishing or using Open Educational Resources in place of traditional textbooks.
- All current instructors and students.
How to Request
Basic Top Hat access is enabled by default. Advanced services can be requested through Top Hat support:
No request needed. If your instructor uses Top Hat, the service will be enabled for you automatically.