Teaching, Learning and Research
Teaching and Learning Tools
- Learning Management System - Blackboard Learn is an online service for posting course-related materials and facilitating interactions between students, instructors, teaching assistants, and guests. Blackboard Learn integrates communication tools with a multitude of content delivery options.
- Collaborative Feedback Tools - Upload, share and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files and videos with VoiceThread. Provide comments/feedback via microphone, webcam, text, phone, audio upload, or freehand markup.
- Student Response System - The Top Hat student response system utilizes students' personal devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops, etc.) combined with interactive slides to facilitate classroom discussions, track attendance, and conduct real time polls or quizzes. Outside of the classroom, Top Hat offers an InteractiveText platform where instructors can adopt, customize, or create Open Educational Resources for their courses in place of traditional textbooks.
- Lecture Capture - Panopto is a cloud-based application for recording lectures, presentations, or events for later replay by students or colleagues.
- Digital Course Materials - Technology solutions that promote affordable, digital content like ebooks and courseware for students.
- Proctored Exams - Offers proctored exams and standardized educational tests. All services available at our Athens campus location with options for proctoring at regional campus and non-University testing centers.
- Standardized Tests - Computer-based and written versions of standardized educational tests, including test used for college admissions and professional certifications.
- Test Scoring - Automated processing of paper-based Scantron "bubble sheet" exams.
- Surveys - Qualtrics Research Suite is an easy to use, powerful tool for creating online surveys. It supports a wide range of approaches, from simple questionnaires and event signup lists to sophisticated social science research instruments with extensive scripting, randomization and interactive question presentation.
- Course and Instructor Evaluations - Class Climate allows you to design your own custom evaluations/surveys and administer them online or via paper sheets. It offers a great deal of flexibility and returns results electronically via PDF or Excel format.
- Classroom Video Conferencing - The Ohio University Learning Network (OULN) is a network of dedicated videoconferencing classrooms on the Athens campus, regional campuses, and regional centers that supports high quality, real time, simultaneous interactions between participants in multiple locations.
- Classroom A/V Design, Install and Refresh - Installation and management of technology packages in classrooms to provide computer access, display projection, and sound.
- Attendance Tracking - ID card-based attendance tracking in select university lecture halls for instructor-led classes and special events.