Web CMS provides an easy-to-use interface that allows users to author, administer, and manage web pages without requiring the user to have extensive knowledge of web markup and programming languages.
- Simple content updates without the need to know how to write code.
- Template-based designs provide consistent look and feel that adheres to OHIO brand standards. For more information on the design elements currently available, please review the Web Catalog.
- Easily add images, upload documents and manage your site's navigation
- Editor and Publisher permission levels to manage who can maintain content and who can make changes live.
- Built-in integration with the Calendar of University Events (CUE) to easily include events on your website.
This service is available to faculty and staff only, with the following stipulations:
- The website must be sponsored by a permanent faculty or staff member with budgetary authority who agrees to take responsibility for the content and oversight of that website.
- Web CMS should not be used for publishing course materials.
- Personal use, like a personal portfolio of work or a personal website is not allowed.
Students and student organizations are not eligible to use Web CMS.
- To request use of Web CMS for a new website, the faculty or staff member requesting this service will be directed to their college or administrative department's designated sponsor for approval before OIT will proceed with the request.
- Contact the IT Service Desk. Be sure to provide the purpose of the website and the college or department for which the website will be used.