Help and Resources: Prerecorded Video
We offer help and resources for both Microsoft Stream and Youtube.
- Get started with Microsoft Stream
- Create channels in Microsoft Stream - only group channels are enabled for OHIO users
Upload, download, and share videos
- Upload a video
- Share your videos in Microsoft Stream
- Download Microsoft Stream videos
- Set permissions and privacy in Microsoft Stream
Caption and search videos
- Add subtitles or captions to your Microsoft Stream video - includes directions for autogenerated captions
- Find a spoken word or phrase in Microsoft Stream videos
Integrate Stream with other Microsoft products
- Find meetings in Microsoft Stream
- Use Microsoft Stream in Microsoft Teams
- Use Microsoft Stream with PowerPoint
- Add a survey, poll, or quiz to a Microsoft Stream video
For additional help topics, browse Microsoft Stream Docs.
- Upload process overview in Microsoft Stream
- Microsoft Stream playback errors
- Microsoft Stream upload errors
For additional troubleshooting topics, browse Microsoft Stream Docs.
- Help with signing in
- Create a brand account - manage content for a University Department, Office, or Organization
- Per UCM brand guidelines, account and channel names should start with "Ohio University," e.g. Ohio University Women's Center. If your chosen name exceeds YouTube's character limit, abbreviate your department or organization rather than the university's name, e.g. Ohio University OIT.
- Add channel managers - add/remove other users to help manage brand accounts
- Add featured channel (video hosted on Youtube) - manage channels that are featured by a particular brand account
- Add subscriptions - manage subscriptions for a particular brand account
- Upload Videos
- Add Automatic Captioning
- Change video settings
- Watch videos on different devices
- Unveil your video at a set time via YouTube Premiere
For additional help topics, browse YouTube Help.
For additional troubleshooting topics, browse YouTube Help.