Fix #1: Ensure you are launching Proctortrack from inside your Blackboard course
Usually, to access your online proctored exam:
- Login to Blackboard and navigate to your course
- Click Tools, then select Proctortrack.
- Click Go to Test next to the exam you're supposed to take.
Otherwise, if you open the Proctortrack app on your computer, it does not know which course or test you are trying to access and will get stuck on "Connecting."
Fix #2: Uninstall and reinstall the Proctortrack app on your computer
When you finish an online proctored exam, you will have the option to Quit the app or Uninstall the app. OIT recommends uninstalling the Proctortrack app at the end of every testing session to ensure that your app is always up-to-date.
If you have a version of the Proctortrack app on your computer currently and would like to uninstall it before your next exam:
Fix #3: Try using a different browser
- If you're using Firefox, attempt to use Chrome.
- If you're using Chrome, attempt to use Firefox.
- OIT does not recommend using Edge, Explorer, or Safari with Proctortrack.
Fix #4: Try other troubleshooting methods
You can also see Proctortrack's help article on troubleshooting the Proctortrack App.