Due to OHIO courses moving to remote and online delivery, in-person proctoring locations on ALL Ohio University campuses have been closed. The Ohio University Testing Center services outlined on this page are unavailable until further notice.
Proctored testing resources are available through Online Proctoring.
On campus proctoring is provided by OHIO Testing Services for online courses that require in-person supervision of students while taking their high-stakes exams.
- OHIO faculty and staff can request on-campus proctoring for high-stakes exams in their OHIO online course.
- OHIO students may schedule an on-campus proctored exam as required for their OHIO online course.
How to Request
If you wish to use the OHIO Testing Services to oversee the proctoring of your courses, please fill out this form for each exam you need proctored.
The form asks for the following:
- Course name and number
- Blackboard exam password, if applicable
- Opening date of the exam
- Closing date of the exam
- Time allowance for the exam
- List of materials that students are permitted to use while taking the exam
- Calculator type, if applicable
Scheduling your exam:
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to schedule each exam. To schedule an exam in the Athens Testing Center, please use our calendar at least 24 hours prior to the test time.
- If your exam has a fee, please make sure you have paid for it in advance. All testing materials needed will be provided by OHIO Testing Services.
Taking your exam:
- Please arrive with a photo ID to take your scheduled exam.
- Secure lockers are provided for all personal items, including cell phones and smart watches.
- eBooks are not permitted in the testing center.
- Only calculators approved for ACT testing will be permitted in the Testing Center.
- These calculators are NOT approved: TI Nspire CAS with touchpad, TI Nspire CX CAS, TI Nspire CX II CAS, TI Nspire CX II
- Be aware that you will be monitored by video surveillance and computer software while testing.
Bromley Hall ground floor
42 West Union St.
Athens OH 45701
Enter through the doors facing West Union St.
Testing Services observes all University holidays. Regular hours are subject to change. Additional hours may be offered during midterms and finals.
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am - 5 pm & 6 pm*
- Wednesday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am*
* Tuesday at 6 pm and Saturday at 9 am testing by appointment only.
The following regional campuses offer proctored exams. Appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
Ohio University, Chillicothe
101 University Dr, Chillicothe
Bennett Hall, Room 274
Contact Person: Mary Basham
Fee: Free for OHIO Students; $20 fee otherwise
Fall/Spring: Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Summer Term/Breaks/No Classes: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed: Saturday-Sunday and University Holidays.
Ohio University Southern
1804 Liberty Ave, Ironton
Contact Info: Resource Commons
Ohio University, Lancaster
1570 Granville Pike, Lancaster
Brasee Hall Room 443
Contact Person: Cinda Friend
Contact Info: or email@example.com
Ohio University, Eastern Campus
45425 National Rd, St. Clairsville
Contact Person: Brad Cecil
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio University, Zanesville Campus
Learning Advancement Center, 1425 Newark Rd, Zanesville
Ohio University, Pickerington Campus
12933 Stonecreek Dr., Pickerington
Monday and Wednesday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Closed Friday and Saturday
By appointment only, no walk-in