Based on OHIO’s current spring semester strategy, OHIO Testing Services plans to resume modified operations on January 19, 2021 in Bromley Hall.
On campus proctoring is provided by OHIO Testing Services for online courses that require in-person supervision of students while taking their high-stakes exams.
Temporary safety precautions: Athens campus Testing Services follows the Presidential Health Directives and OHIO’s interim policy 44.102 for community health requirements. In addition to the health directives outlined in the above two resources, the OHIO Testing Services will also implement the below measures to decrease density and comply with the above policy and Health Directives:
- No walk-in testing is allowed, all student examinations will need to be scheduled at least 24-hours prior to the exam. Testing capacity is limited, please schedule your exam as soon as you are able to secure your exam time.
- Social distancing markers have been placed on the floor of the Testing Center. We expect students and staff to follow social distancing guidelines and use the social distancing markers to ensure proper distancing between themselves and other students and staff.
- On premise waiting is allowed for a limited number of test takers, on a first come-first serve basis.
- Test taker processing may take longer than usual. All test takers are expected to come prepared for their exam (e.g. make sure you have a photo ID with you, or if an exam has a fee, it is expected that students have paid the free prior to arriving to the Testing Center).
- OHIO faculty and staff can request on-campus proctoring for high-stakes exams in their OHIO online course.
- OHIO students may schedule an on-campus proctored exam as required for their OHIO online course.
How to Request
If you wish to use the OHIO Testing Services to oversee the proctoring of your courses, please fill out this form for each exam you need proctored. Please have the following information ready:
- Course name and number
- Blackboard exam password, if applicable
- Opening date of the exam
- Closing date of the exam
- Time allowance for the exam
- List of materials that students are permitted to use while taking the exam
- Calculator type, if applicable
Scheduling your exam:
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to schedule each exam. To schedule an exam in the Athens Testing Center, please use our calendar at least 24 hours prior to the test time.
- If your exam has a fee, please make sure you have paid for it in advance. All testing materials needed will be provided by OHIO Testing Services.
Taking your exam:
- Please arrive with a photo ID to take your scheduled exam.
- Secure lockers are provided for all personal items, including cell phones and smart watches.
- eBooks are not permitted in the testing center.
- Only calculators approved for ACT testing will be permitted in the Testing Center.
- These calculators are NOT approved: TI Nspire CAS with touchpad, TI Nspire CX CAS, TI Nspire CX II CAS, TI Nspire CX II
- Be aware that you will be monitored by video surveillance and computer software while testing.
Bromley Hall ground floor
42 West Union St.
Athens OH 45701
Enter through the doors facing West Union St.
Testing Services observes all University holidays. Regular hours are subject to change. Additional hours may be offered during midterms and finals.
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am - 5 pm & 6 pm*
- Wednesday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am*
* Tuesday at 6 pm and Saturday at 9 am testing by appointment only.
Please be aware that in-person proctoring locations on Ohio University's regional campuses will remain unavailable.
Ohio University, Chillicothe
101 University Dr, Chillicothe
Bennett Hall, Room 274
Contact Person: Mary Basham
Fee: Free for OHIO Students; $20 fee otherwise
Fall/Spring: Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Summer Term/Breaks/No Classes: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed: Saturday-Sunday and University Holidays.
Ohio University Southern
1804 Liberty Ave, Ironton
Contact Info: Resource Commons
Ohio University, Lancaster
1570 Granville Pike, Lancaster
Brasee Hall Room 443
Contact Person: Cinda Friend
Contact Info: or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio University, Eastern Campus
45425 National Rd, St. Clairsville
Contact Person: Brad Cecil
Contact Info: email@example.com
Ohio University, Zanesville Campus
Learning Advancement Center, 1425 Newark Rd, Zanesville
Ohio University, Pickerington Campus
12933 Stonecreek Dr., Pickerington
Monday and Wednesday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Closed Friday and Saturday
By appointment only, no walk-in