Accommodated proctoring is exam supervision provided for students with accommodations approved through Student Accessibility Services.
OHIO faculty, staff, and students.
How to Request
Before requesting accommodated proctoring at the Athens campus Testing Services, located at 42 West Union Street – Bromley Hall lower level, you must register with Student Accessibility Services to receive an accommodation letter (semester request). You will be asked to upload a copy of your accommodation letter when filling out the exam schedule form.
- Step 1: At least one week prior to your testing date, you must complete the accessibility exam schedule form to request accommodated testing. You will need a proctored exam accommodation for each class. Once OHIO Testing Services receives your request, instructors will be contacted for any additional information needed for your exam(s).
- Step 2: The accommodation letter must be provided to Testing Services prior to scheduling your first appointment. You will upload the letter while completing the accessibility exam schedule form.
- Step 3: You will receive an email confirmation(s) once OHIO Testing Services has received the needed information from your instructors. Once you receive the confirmation email(s) you can schedule your exams through the OHIO Testing Services by following step 4 below, or by clicking the link in your confirmation email.
- Step 4: At least 24 hours before your testing time you must schedule each of your exams using the Athens campus Testing Services calendar. Please reserve your test dates, times, and accommodations on the calendar system. You will receive confirmation emails for the exams that you scheduled through OHIO Testing Services.
- Step 5: Arrive at the Athens campus Testing Services, 42 West Union Street (Bromley Hall Lower Level), with a photo ID to take the exam as scheduled. Testing Services will provide all of the needed testing materials. Be aware that you will be monitored by video surveillance and computer software while testing.
- Please note: Secure lockers are provided for all personal items, including cell phones and smartwatches. eBooks are not permitted in the Testing Center. Only calculators approved for ACT testing will be permitted in the Testing Center. For a list of non-approved calculators, please visit our campus proctoring page.
- Temporary safety precautions: Athens campus Testing Services follows the Presidential Health Directives and OHIO’s interim policy 44.102 for community health requirements. In addition to the health directives outlined in the above two resources, the Testing Center will also implement the measures below to decrease density and comply with the above policy and health directives:
- No walk-in testing is allowed, all student examinations will need to be scheduled at least 24-hours prior to the exam. Testing capacity is limited, please schedule your exam as soon as you are able to secure your exam time.
- Social distancing markers have been placed on the floor of the Testing Center. We expect students and staff to follow social distancing guidelines and use the social distancing markers to ensure proper distancing between themselves and other students and staff.
- On-premise waiting is allowed for a limited number of test-takers, on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Test taker processing may take longer than usual. All test takers are expected to come prepared for their exam (e.g., make sure you have a photo ID with you or if an exam has a fee it is expected that students have paid the fee prior to arriving at the Testing Center).
Faculty will receive an email from OHIO Testing Services with a link to a form to provide additional exam details for students with a registered accessibility need who wish to take their accommodated examination through the Athens campus Testing Services. Please submit the information requested in the email. If you have any questions or concerns about testing, please contact OHIO Testing Services at email@example.com. If you have questions about student accommodations please contact Student Accessibility Services.