Help and Resources: VoiceThread
- Adding VoiceThread to Your Course - The first step to using VoiceThread in your course is to add a link to a module, content area, or page. For the best student experience, use the "Bb Learn: If your institution uses Deep Linking" steps to add VoiceThread to your course.
- Setting Up a Non-Graded VoiceThread Activity - There are three types of VoiceThread activity that do not tie into the course gradebook, and those are the ones detailed on this page. Examples are:
- Setting Up a Create-a-VoiceThread Assignment - Require students to create a full VoiceThread. They will upload the slides and record comments, then submit that to you for a grade. You can even allow students to see their classmates’ submissions later so they can engage in peer review and conversation. Great for:
- Student presentations
- Demonstration of a skill (bedside manner, playing an instrument, painting/drawing technique, pitching a business)
- Submitting a paper, wireframe, website, etc. to receive feedback
- Setting Up a Commenting Assignment - Require students to post comments on a VoiceThread that you have created. You can decide whether or not students can see one another’s comments. Great for:
- Graded discussions
- Speaking practice (public speaking, language practice, poetry out loud)
- Setting Up a Watch Assignment - Require students to watch a VoiceThread in full. Great for:
- Non-interactive lecture delivery
- Compliance and training
- Grading Student Work: Instructors can access the VoiceThread Grader by clicking the VT assignment link. Instructors can grade assignments that have been submitted, assignments that are in progress, and assignments that have not been attempted.
- Advanced: VoiceThread Automatic Captioning has been turned on for any new recordings created after March 19, 2020. Keep in mind that these captions should be reviewed for accuracy.
- Advanced: You can add captions to an old VoiceThread by first creating a copy of that VoiceThread. Note: You will need to update any links to this old VoiceThread.
- Submitting a Create-A-VoiceThread Assignment - This assignment requires you to create a VoiceThread by uploading at least one slide and recording comments on it.
- Submitting a Commenting Assignment - This assignment requires you to post comments on a VoiceThread that your instructor has created.
- Submitting a Watching Assignment - This assignment requires you to watch all slides and comments in a VoiceThread that your instructor has created.