Lecture Capture: Panopto
Cloud-based application for recording lectures, presentations, or events for later replay by students or colleagues.
How to Access
Once set up by the Instructor of Record, Instructors and Students access Panopto through Blackboard:
- Embed recordings into Blackboard Learn courses
- Automatically generated bookmarks jump to specific points in a lecture or presentation
- Access to lectures/videos can be restricted
- Supports direct recordings and file uploads
- Automatically generate speech recognition captions for your videos
- Video editing capabilities
- Video management
- Recording a demonstration or lecture in class
- Creating a PowerPoint presentation with voice-over and interactive playback
- Recording student presentations
- Hosting videos that have access restrictions
- To create or upload content: Faculty, staff, and emeriti.
- To view content: Anyone; however, content owners have the option of limiting access to their lectures/files.