Go to blackboard.ohio.edu and login with your OHIO email and password. Blackboard course sites become accessible to the Instructor of Record eight (8) weeks before the course start date. For more information on locating your course list within Blackboard, please see the Find Your Courses Bb Help page.
Grading and Feedback in Blackboard: Instructors
You can easily access and begin grading student work, provide timely feedback, and record attendance all directly within your web browser using Blackboard Grade Center.
Bb Annotate to replace New Box View
Bb Annotate will be replacing the current inline assignment grading integration (i.e. New Box View) later this month (May 25-27). Bb Annotate offers a more robust feature set for instructors to provide customizable feedback to students.
You can find all relevant information about inline assignment grading with Bb Annotate on the Bb Annotate Bb Help page.
Instructors can register for a “Getting Started with Bb Annotate” webinar, part of Blackboard's Free Instructor Webinar Series, to see a demonstration of the new tool and get questions answered by Blackboard experts.
Grading and Feedback
- Navigate Grading - Access your customizable course Grade Center to provide your students' grades for assignments, tests, and activities.
- Grading Tasks - Assign, edit, and calculate grades using a numerical or custom scale or an advanced grading method such as a rubric.
- Grade with Rubrics - Set your tests and assignments to score and post automatically in the Grade Center.
- Include Comments - Grade and annotate student assignments using inline grading features.
- Attendance - Record whether a student is present, late, absent, or excused for class meetings.
- Send Reminders About Missing Coursework - Sort and send email reminders from Grade Center to students and members of groups who have missing coursework.
- Grade Reports and Statistics - Investigate your course usage and activity or students' progress with informative progress reports and individual, course, and assignment/test statistics.