Go to blackboard.ohio.edu and login with your OHIO email and password. Blackboard course sites become accessible to the Instructor of Record eight (8) weeks before the course start date. For more information on locating your course list within Blackboard, please see the Find Your Courses Bb Help page.
Grading and Feedback in Blackboard: Instructors
You can easily access and begin grading student work, provide timely feedback, and record attendance all directly within your web browser using Blackboard Grade Center.
Bb Annotate for Inline Assignment Grading
Bb Annotate, the new tool for grading assignments in Blackboard, offers a more robust feature set than the former tool (New Box View), allowing instructors to provide more customized feedback to students. Features include a sidebar summary view, freehand drawing tools, various color selections, and much more. The tool works a bit differently than the former tool, so all users are encouraged to review the brief informational materials below:
Grading and Feedback
- Navigate Grading - Access your customizable course Grade Center to provide your students' grades for assignments, tests, and activities.
- Grading Tasks - Assign, edit, and calculate grades using a numerical or custom scale or an advanced grading method such as a rubric.
- Grade with Rubrics - Set your tests and assignments to score and post automatically in the Grade Center.
- Comment and Annotate - Provide inline comments and use various interactive editing tools (highlighting, drawing, preloaded and custom stamps) to grade student papers within the browser.
- Attendance - Record whether a student is present, late, absent, or excused for class meetings.
- Send Reminders About Missing Coursework - Sort and send email reminders from Grade Center to students and members of groups who have missing coursework.
- Grade Reports and Statistics - Investigate your course usage and activity or students' progress with informative progress reports and individual, course, and assignment/test statistics.
- Digital Toolbox: Checking for Plagiarism – This toolbox explains which tools inside of Blackboard can help you check student work for plagiarism.