Go to blackboard.ohio.edu and login with your OHIO email and password. Blackboard course sites become accessible to the Instructor of Record eight (8) weeks before the course start date. For more information on locating your course list within Blackboard, please see the Find Your Courses Bb Help page.
Getting Started with Blackboard: Instructors
Every semester, a Blackboard course is automatically created for each course taught at Ohio University. Blackboard course sites become accessible to the Instructor of Record eight (8) weeks prior to the course start date.
- Introduction to Blackboard — Ohio University (video hosted on YouTube) - An eight minute video tutorial demonstrating how to create a minimally acceptable Ohio University course in Blackboard.
- Basic Steps - Build your course with these five (5) basic steps in mind to create a successful, pedagogically sound, and engaging course.
- Find Your Courses - Manage the courses displayed in the My Courses and Course List modules located on your My Bb and My Courses tabs.
- Navigate Inside a Course - Become familiar with various course menu options, the Control Panel, and your course home page features.
- Customize Your Course - Change your course properties, style options, and structure to reflect your teaching style.
- Make a Course Available to Students - Set your Blackboard course to "available" to allow students to view and access content.
- Notification Settings - Receive automatic alerts to your email or mobile device when activity occurs in your course and for due date reminders.
- Manually Add Users - Add new users, such as teaching assistants and co-instructors, and control their access to the content and tools within your course.
- Manually Add Users - Ohio University (video hosted on Panopto) - A two-minute video tutorial demonstrating how to manually add new users within your course.
- Complete a Course Copy - Copy course material from one course shell into another, such as from a Master Course to a term course or across multiple sections of a course in the same term.
- Combine Course Sections - Prevent duplication of effort and combine multiple sections of the same course into one single course.
- Combine Course Sections in Blackboard - Ohio University (video hosted on Panopto) - A four-minute video tutorial demonstrating how to merge multiple sections of the same course into one single course.
- Create a Test Course - Use a Test Course to develop content for your Blackboard courses, then copy the content from your Test Course into your official Blackboard course shell.