Ohio University provides land line telephone service in faculty and staff offices, conference rooms, and other public areas on all campuses.
If you will be working from home, you can access your phone and voicemail remotely, including call forwarding.
How to Access
To access your phone settings in a web browser:
- Connect to eduroam or connect to the VPN.
- Login to https://myphone.ohio.edu, using your OHIO ID and password.
- From here, you can manage your phone's setting, including call forwarding.
- Calling - campus, local, long distance, international
- Integrated video calling (campus phone to campus phone only)
- Call transfer, hold, call forward
- Built in directories - Personal and University-wide
- Conference calling with up to 16 participants
- Web-based management of your phone's features
- Bluetooth headset compatible
- Line expansion module (fee applies)
Available features may vary depending on the model of phone.
- Faculty and staff
The technology that supports the telephone service, including long distance, is a common good offering at no charge. OIT will replace equipment that has failed due to manufacturer defect at no charge. The following one-time costs apply for new telephones:
- Basic Telephone (Cisco 7821) - $40
- Standard Telephone (Cisco 8945) - $40
- Advanced Telephone / Wi-Fi Desk Telephone (Cisco 8865) - $290
- Line expansion module - cost recovery, will receive quote from vendor
- Conference Telephone (Cisco 8831) - $525
- Wired and wireless external mics for conference telephone - cost recovery, will receive quote from vendor.
- Wi-Fi Mobile Telephone (Cisco 8821) - $375
- Customers may upgrade to a new model for $161 if the original wi-fi mobile telephone is returned in working condition.
- Analog Line - $450
How to Request
- Contact the IT Service Desk with the following information:
- State that you would like to purchase a phone.
- The model of phone and quantity you are purchasing.
- An account number for billing.
- Your OHIO email address.
- Your Ohio University phone number.
- If the phone will be used in a public space or private office.
- If private office, OHIO email address and name of employee to be assigned to each phone.
- The building and room number the phone will be installed in.
- The label found on the network jack the phone will be plugged into