Help and Resources: Call Center
Set your availability in Cisco Finesse.
When you first log in, you will see you are in the Not Ready state. You will NOT receive calls until you make yourself Ready.
- Click the Not Ready drop down arrow below your name in the top left of the screen and select Ready. Now you are available to take calls.
- If you need to leave your desk or cannot take calls, mark yourself Not Ready by using the same process in step 1.
- When a call comes in, you will be marked Reserved.
- Click Answer on the right side of the page to answer the call.
- Once a call has been answered you will see the following options:
- Keypad - Not supported (use Consult below to access a keypad)
- Hold - May be used to place caller on hold
- Consult - Lets you access a keypad to place calls, transfer calls, and include other callers. After pressing Consult you can use the Transfer button to transfer the call to another user and the Conference button to add another caller into the conversation.
- End - Terminate the call.
At the end of your shift, you need to make yourself Not Ready and sign out of the application.
- Click the Ready drop-down arrow below your name and choose Not Ready.
- Click Sign Out at the top right of the page.
- Student Workers and Extension Mobility Users: On your phone press the Settings/Gear button and press the down arrow on the Navigation Pad to select the Extension Mobility application. Select Yes to logout of the phone profile.
If there are calls in the queue and you are set to "Ready" but calls are not being directed to you, try signing out and back into Finesse.
If you are still having issues, contact the IT Service Desk.