This article explains how to share a file in Filelocker with any person.
In order to access the Filelocker application, you must log in with your Ohio ID login and password. Use your account to login at: https://filelocker.ohio.edu.
Sharing a file with Filelocker publicly
- Once a file has been uploaded, the file will be listed under Uploaded Files.
- Click on the down arrow to show file options.
- Click the Public Share checkbox within the file options area.
- Review your Expiration date, which is set to a 30 days by default. This is the maximum amount of time allowable within Filelocker to be shared publicly.
- Enter the email of the person that will receive the share and click the Share button. This will email that user a URL that will allow a one-time access to download. If multiple downloads (from one or many people) are desired, the Allow multiple downloads checkbox will need to be selected. This will also require a password to be created for the share. The password will not be sent through the email, it will need to be communicated by other means.
- A password can be used for a one-time download. As explained, the password will need to be communicated to the user separately.