Help and Resources: Shared Mailboxes and Calendars
Accessing a shared mailbox or calendar
Outlook on the Web
Option 1: Add the shared folder to your list
- Log into https://catmail.ohio.edu with your own OHIO ID and password.
- Right-click on Folders on the left hand menu.
- Select Add shared folder.
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox or calendar and click Add.
- Your shared mailbox/calendar will appear in your expanded folder list below your personal folders.
Option 2: Log in directly
- Visit https://firstname.lastname@example.org (replace email@example.com with your shared mailbox address).
- Log in using your own OHIO ID and password.
- Use the app launcher icon near the top of your OWA window to choose either Mail or Calendar.
Outlook for Windows
- Select the File tab.
- Click Account Settings and choose Account Settings from the drop-down.
- Select Change.
- Click More Settings at the bottom right.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Add button.
- Type in the mailbox name you received from the Service Desk and select OK.
- Select Apply and OK.
- Select Next, then select Finish.
- Close the Account Settings window.
Outlook for Mac
- In Outlook, navigate to Tools > accounts
- Under your account, click on Advanced…
- Click the Delegates tab
- Just below the “Open these additional mailboxes” section, click on the “+“ in the bottom-left corner
- Enter the shared mailbox’s email address and select the appropriate account
- Click Add
- Click OK
- **If prompted to allow an "autodiscover" connection, choose Always use my response for this server and click Allow. **
- Close the “Accounts” dialog box
- Shortly, you should see the mailbox appear on the left side of Outlook underneath your mailbox
- Create a new message.
- Go to the Options tab and select the From button.
- Select the From field and choose Other Email Address.
- Search for your shared mailbox's address and choose it.
For subsequent messages, your shared mailbox address will be an option in the From drop-down.