Setup Instructions: Catmail
To access your OHIO email and calendar on a mobile device, download and install the free Microsoft Outlook app from your device's app store:
The first time you open the app, it will prompt you to set your account up. Enter your full OHIO email address. When prompted, log in with your OHIO ID and password.
If you would like to use your device's built-in mail and calendar apps, generic settings are available; however, we cannot guarantee full compatibility for any app other than Outlook.
Outlook 2016 or Office 365 Outlook first-time setup
- Start Outlook.
- When prompted, enter your OHIO email address and OHIO password.
- Outlook should perform the rest of the setup automatically.
Adding your OHIO account to an existing Outlook setup
If you were already using Outlook with another email account, follow these steps to add your OHIO account.
- Your client must use Microsoft's Modern Authentication. IMAP/POP or Exchange Active Sync clients that use Basic Authentication will not work.
- Non-Microsoft clients may not support all of our system's features.
- Many third party email/calendar apps are no longer supported by Microsoft. We recommend switching to Outlook.
|Account type||Exchange or Office 365|
|Username||Your email address (OhioID@ohio.edu format)|
|Domain\Username||Your email address (OhioID@ohio.edu format)|
|Password||Your OHIO password|