Using a Virtual Desktop to Access SPSS
Horizon View Required
You will need to use the Horizon View virtual desktop client to connect to SPSS. Many lab computers already have this software installed. If you would like to connect from your own computer, you will need to install the client.
How to Connect to SPSS
- From any Horizon View-equipped computer, launch Horizon View and press the New Server button:
- Enter mydesktop.ohio.edu as the Connection Server and click Connect:
- Login with your OHIO ID and password:
- Once your virtual desktop finishes loading, double-click the IBM SPSS Statistics 25 icon:
- The application may take some time to load. This is normal.
Opening and Saving Files
Your SPSS virtual desktop application can access any Shared or Home folder on the OHIO network that you normally would have access to, plus the local hard drive on the computer you are using to connect to the virtual desktop. Your local hard drive will appear as the Z: Drive:
This example demonstrates how to access files on a computer's local desktop:
Here, we are opening an item from a Shared network folder: