Managed Macs: MDM Approval
With Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer, your Mac will ask you for MDM approval any time you install an application that can do things like change settings, add or remove profiles, or erase data. This is a standard Apple security requirement designed to protect you against malicious software.
When an OIT technician or departmental technician enrolls your Mac and installs the Self Service application, the necessary MDM approval will happen as part of the setup process. If you enroll your own Mac, you will have to provide this approval yourself:
- After completing your Mac's enrollment, an Approve MDM dialog will appear.
- Click OK to proceed with the approval.
- Under MDM Profile choose Approve...
Under Rights, you may notice a line that says, "Erase all data on this computer." You can safely ignore this warning. The approval process will NOT erase any of your data.
- When asked if you want to approve the profile, choose Approve.
- Once the process finishes, the approval button will disappear. At this point, you can close the window by clicking the red button in the window's upper left corner.