Microsoft Teams Help and Resources: Students
- Basic guide for how to set-up and use Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams Demo (video hosted on Panopto).
Additional training is available through the links below:
You can change the settings in Microsoft Teams to suit your individual needs.
Join a Meeting or Live Event
- Join a Teams meeting from a shared link
- Join a Teams meeting from your calendar
- Join a Teams meeting from a chat or channel
- Call in to a Teams meeting
- Participate in a breakout room
Create a Meeting, Live Event, or Webinar
- Choosing between a meeting, live event, or webinar
- Schedule Teams meetings and invite others
- Start an impromptu meeting in a chat or channel
- Create and manage breakout rooms during class meetings
- Scheduling a Teams live event
- Scheduling a Teams webinar
- Change Teams webinar details
Participate in a Meeting
- Adjust your view in a meeting
- Manage audio settings in Teams
- Share content in a Teams meeting
- Share system audio in a Teams meeting - Allows participants to hear your audio when you share your screen (such as showing a video)
- Record a meeting in Teams
- Record a transcription in Teams
- If you need to record or transcribe a meeting that contains sensitive data, refer to the sensitive data recommendations
- Raise your hand in a Teams meeting
- Change your background for a Teams meeting
- Enjoy these OHIO video conferencing backgrounds!
- Use Whiteboard in a Teams meeting
- If you are a meeting organizer, download a Teams Meeting attendance report
Collaborate on Files
Planner is a lightweight project management tool that you and members of your Team can use to create, assign, and organize tasks to collaborate on.
- For more help using Planner, schedule a Tool-Focused Consultation and we'll be happy to help
Use Tabs in a Chat or Channel
Using Teams for Hybrid Meetings and Classes
Using Teams with Low Bandwidth
Bandwidth refers to the maximum data transfer rate of an internet connection. Having low internet bandwidth can result in a degraded Teams experience, especially when participating and collaborating in online meetings. Fortunately, Teams settings can be configured to help in these situations.
Use Assignments (for course-based Teams only)
Note: Teams for Classroom works well to promote collaboration and interaction among students, but it is not a Learning Management System. The best way to use Teams is as a supplement to Blackboard Learn.
- Assignments Overview
- Create an Assignment
- Viewing Assignments (Student)
- Viewing Assignements (Instructor)
- Class Notebook