Skype for Business
Microsoft has announced that they will be replacing Skype for Business with Teams on July 31, 2021. We strongly recommend switching to Teams for your chat, remote meeting, and online collaboration needs. Please review Microsoft's FAQ on how to upgrade from Skype for Business to Teams.
Skype for Business is a Microsoft Office 365 communication tool for video chat, instant messaging, and hosting or attending online meetings.
- Desktop sharing
- Online meeting participants can be internal or external to the university
- Integrates with Outlook for creating meetings and showing whether your contacts are online and available
- Encrypted video and audio streams with recording capability
- Mobile app for iOS, Android and Windows devices
- Skype for Business feature demo (video)
- Quick collaboration via instant messaging & video chat
- Online presentations & desktop sharing
- Meetings between individuals in multiple locations
- All current employees. Student employees can be added by request.