Guest Access Options
WHO: Any University guest who is not eligible for eduroam
WHAT: Unsecured wireless network access
HOW LONG: Indefinite
How to use
- Connect to the "Ohio University Guest" WiFi network.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of Network use.
- May be speed-limited
- Cannot be used to access services that are restricted to campus network users (printers, AirMedia displays, departmental shared drives, etc.)
- If you need higher performance or access to campus-only services, a current employee will need to sponsor your access.
WHO: current students, faculty & staff from any participating eduroam institution
WHAT: Wireless network access
HOW LONG: indefinite
How to connect
- Follow the instructions on our main Wi-Fi page to set up eduroam.
- Log in using your home institution email address and password.
WHO: Long term guests, including employees who are not paid through the university's Payroll Department
WHAT: Privileges can include network access, library access, email, Blackboard, CommonSpot, Web CMS and other academic/administrative services as appropriate
HOW LONG: Up to 1 year, regularly renewable. Renewal notices are not sent automatically. It is the responsibility of the guest and sponsor to keep track of the account expiration date.
How to request
The sponsoring OHIO faculty or staff member should email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Guest name
- Guest birthdate
- Does the guest need an email account?
- Does the guest need access to library resources? If yes, please include:
- Guest's passport or driver's license number
- Issuing country and state for the passport or driver's license
- Guest's local address