Reactivate a Device After a Reset or Replacement
Follow these steps if you need to reactivate the Duo Mobile app on a smart phone or tablet after a factory reset or after replacing the device with a new one that has the same phone number:
- On your computer, open a new Incognito or Private Browsing window. In most web browsers, this option is available under the File menu.
- Log into https://account.ohio.edu/multi-factor with your full @ohio.edu email address and OHIO password.
- If you have Duo configured to automatically send you a push, you will need to click Cancel to gain access to the Settings button.
- Click Settings.
- Click My Settings & Devices.
- Verify your login. If the only device you have available for verification is the one you need to reactivate, you can use the Call Me option.
- Click the Gear Icon next to the device you need to reactivate and choose Reactivate Duo Mobile.
- Answer a few questions about your device and scan a new QR code to complete your reactivation.
Note: If you are replacing your only registered device with a new phone number, please contact the Service Desk for assistance.