Secure My Account: Enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication
Already enrolled? Learn how to reactivate a device after a reset or replacement.
Why do I need Multi-Factor Authentication?
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) protects you against lost or stolen passwords by adding a verification step to your OHIO login with the DUO Mobile application.
What is Duo Mobile?
Step 1: Ensure Account Recovery
- Login to https://account.ohio.edu and select Manage Account
- In case you forget or lose your password, ensure you have set up:
- a recovery email
- security questions
Step 2: Download Duo Mobile App
Step 3: Set up Duo
- Go to https://account.ohio.edu/multi-factor/enroll and follow the prompts
- For additional information watch the video below, or read Duo's Guide to Two-Factor Authentication
Step 4: Choose Your Authentication Method
Fastest Method: Duo Push Notifications
- To speed up future logins, select Remember me for 30 days
- If you have followed the steps above but are still not receiving push notifications, ensure that you have allowed Duo Mobile to send push notifications on your mobile device
Alternative Authentication Methods
Automated Phone Calls/Texts
- Option for individuals who are unable to use the Duo Mobile App.
- To speed up future logins, select Remember me for 30 days. This setting is helpful when using a computer that you do not share with others.
- Employees who find themselves needing to receive multiple Duo calls or texts each day are encouraged to use a hardware token instead.
- Set up instructions are found in Configure Your Device.
- Keychain-sized device for generating passcodes.
- Convenient option if you do not have a mobile device or if you are traveling internationally.
- Initial tokens will be provided at no cost to the user.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged tokens will be replaced at cost by the user.
- To request a token, please complete the Token Request Form