Upload an ID Card Photo
If you are a new student or employee who has never had an Ohio University ID card, you can upload your own photo for the front of your ID card.
ID card photo requirements
Uploaded photos are subject to approval based on the following criteria similar to a driver's license or passport photo:
- Use a plain white or off-white background.
- True color only, no black and white - Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
- Have someone else take your photo. No selfies.
- Cropped slightly above head to middle of chest.
- Your eyes must be open and looking directly at the camera.
- You must be facing directly at the camera.
- Photo can only contain you: no family, friends, animals, objects, etc.
- Cannot be a photo of a photo.
- No sunglasses or hat.
If your uploaded photo is rejected, we will explain why and give you an opportunity to upload a new photo. Once your photo is approved, it will be printed on your ID card - no changes. Make sure you are happy with it before uploading!
Upload your photo
- Log into eAccounts.
- Choose Profile.
- Under Personal Information use the link to submit a new photo.
Please allow at least 4 business days before the start of your orientation for photo approval. If your photo is rejected and has to be resubmitted, this lead time will increase, so we recommend uploading your photo sooner rather than later.