Accounts, Passwords, and Identity
Accounts and Passwords
- Accounts - Provisioning, activation, management, and lifecycle deactivation of OHIO online credentials, including OHIO IDs/passwords and sponsored guest accounts.
- Passwords - Password changes, resets, and requirements.
- Password Manager - Password Manager provides the capability to centrally manage and store multiple passwords in a single application behind one strong master password. The service also enables individuals to securely share passwords with designated recipients.
- Multi-Factor Authentication - Multi-factor authentication adds a telephone or mobile app-based verification step to your OHIO login. Because a successful multi-factor login requires both a correct password and access to a specific telephone or mobile device, it makes it much harder for a cyber attacker to use a lost or stolen password to access your account.
- Web Single Sign On Integration - Allows login to a variety of applications using your OHIO login credentials
- ID Cards - Your Ohio University ID card is used to verify your status as a student, faculty or staff member in good standing. Student IDs are validated by registration/enrollment information, while staff IDs are validated based on Human Resources records.