Frequently Asked Questions
How do I take the training?
Everfi/Lawroom is the vendor providing the course content to the university. You will receive an email that shows the sender as follows: Ohio University <email@example.com>. This is a legitimate email; it is not spam and it is not a phishing attempt. The e-mail subject line reads: Ohio University IT Security Training.” When you open the e-mail, you will see a blue horizontal bar that says “Required Training,” and when the training is due by. At the end of the email message, you will see a dark blue box with “BEGIN TRAINING”, which is the link that will take you to the online module.
How long will the training take?
The training takes approximately an hour to complete, depending on the individual learner’s pace. The program is self-paced, and if interrupted, the program returns to where you left off when interrupted.
What are the computer requirements for the training?
Everfi/Lawroom supports any current version of major web browsers. Some browsers may require Adobe Flash for multimedia content.
What should I do if I cannot get the training to work?
Resolve most issues by following these steps:
- Update your browser: whatismybrowser.com
- Switch browsers: use Chrome or Firefox when you can instead of Internet Explorer
- Clear your cache: wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
- If you seem stuck, your screen may be zoomed in too much causing you to miss a prompt or navigation button. To reset zoom to default settings:
- PC or Chromebook: Press Ctrl + 0
- Mac: Press Command + 0
Additional troubleshooting options:
- Close all other applications and tabs (i.e. iTunes, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Full Screen mode:
- Windows: Press F11
- Mac: Click View from the browser menu and select Full Screen.
- Chromebook: Press F4
- Disable all pop-up blockers and 3rd party toolbars
- Enable 3rd party cookies
- Ensure pops-ups are allowed for the websites: www.lawroom.com and www.campusclarity.com
- Reboot the computer
- If on a wireless connection, try a wired connection
- Try accessing the course from a different internet connection (computer lab, library, home etc.)
- Try accessing at a different time of day
Still need help? Visit Everfi/Lawroom’s 24/7 technical support center to speak or chat with a live agent or to submit a ticket. When in the training, click Help from the menu along the top of the page or go there directly via the support link at the bottom of the emailed training notice you received.
Is this IT security training mandatory?
If you receive the training notice email, you are required to take it. This is part of Ohio University's ongoing efforts to address the increasing threats to the security of our information systems and data. Every member of the University community has a responsibility to safeguard the information assets entrusted to us.
Why do I need this training?
This training program will better prepare you to fulfill the responsibility of safeguarding University information assets and will strengthen our defenses against future attacks. Adopting information security best practices will not only benefit the University, but your personal life as well.
What does this training cover?
This training consists of a series of short videos with interactive sections to test your knowledge of basic IT security topics like data protection best practices, social engineering/phishing, regulatory requirements (FERPA/HIPAA/PCI), and privacy.
Is the training ADA accessible?
The module was designed to be compatible with recent versions of screen reading, screen enlargement and voice input software. At the bottom left just above the EVERFI logo, click “Accessibility mode” to turn on the accessibility features. If you have any difficulty accessing the training, contact the Office for University Accessibility at 740-593-2620.