Investigate and advise on minimizing threat of damage resulting from a breach of university data. This would include examples such as information disclosure (intentional or accidental), unauthorized access to resources, or inappropriate usage. The Security Office will coordinate notifying proper authorities regarding incident response and remediation.
- Process information security complaints or incidents.
- Determine incident severity and escalation path, if necessary, with notification to executive leadership.
- Coordinate and review incident from discovery to closure.
- Incident follow up and reporting will be proportional with severity and impact.
All Ohio University individuals may request incident response resources.
How to Request
- Immediate action required:
- Call the Information Security Office at 566-7233.
- Coordinated incident response activities will begin.
- Non-Immediate action required:
- Email email@example.com with details of the incident.
- The reporting entity will be contacted by the Security Office to determine appropriate response actions within 1 business day.