Attorney-Client Privileged Information
Definition: Confidential communications between, to, from, or with a client and an attorney for the purpose of securing legal advice.
Governing Authority: Current Law
Responsible Operating Unit: Office of Legal Affairs
Examples: Include but are not limited to communications related to a lawsuit, communications related to a contract, or pending litigation.
Acceptable IT Services & Tools:
- NAS departmental shared storage (shared.ohio.edu) - OIT consultation required to ensure data is encrypted at rest.
- OnBase - With OIT consultation.
- OneDrive/O365 Groups - Only with OIT consultation and Group setup according to the Storing Sensitive Data within OneDrive Standard.
Not Permitted IT Services & Tools:
- OneDrive/O365 individual accounts
- Personal cloud accounts
- Personal/Non-University owned devices
- NAS individual home storage (home.ohio.edu)
If you don't see the IT service or tool listed that you wish to use to store data classified as medium or high sensitivity, contact Information Security to determine if it's appropriate for your data type.