Workaround for Apple Wifi Bug
iPhone or iPad WiFi troubles? Try deleting and re-adding your WiFi settings.
How to fix dropped connections on a Mac laptop:
Workaround for Mac OS WiFi bug (printable PDF)
If your Mac laptop randomly drops its OHIO wireless connection, the steps below will fix that problem.
Make sure you have connected your Mac to the OHIO University wireless network at least once before proceeding.
- Open Keychain Access:
- Open a Finder window.
- Click on Applications under Favorites in the left sidebar.
- Open or expand the Utilities folder.
- Open Keychain Access.
- Under Category, choose Certificates (NOT My Certificates).
- Identify if there is only one securelogin.oit.ohio.edu entry:
- If there is only one, skip to step 5.
- If there is more than one entry:
- Delete all securelogin.oit.ohio.edu entries.
- Re-connect to the OHIO University wireless network.
- Accept the new security certificate.
- Return to step 1 above.
- Double-click securelogin.oit.ohio.edu.
- Click the triangle next to Trust.
- Use the drop-down menus to change the following attributes to Always Trust:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Extensible Authentication (EAP)
- X.509 Basic Policy
- Close the dialog box and enter your Mac's password to confirm the changes
Mac OS WiFi workaround printable instructions (PDF)
iOS WiFi fix