Univesity improves login process for multiple services
Friday, July 25, 2014
Taking care of business online now is a little bit easier, thanks to an updated login process for many Finance related applications.
The new process reduces the number of times users must enter their password, standardizes the login screen and provides single sign-on for many applications.
- New URLs: Web addresses for these apps have changed. The old links currently redirect to the new automatically, but you may wish to switch to the new addresses for simplicity.
- New look: These apps now use the generic OHIO login screen.
- Fewer logins: You only have to enter your OHIO ID and password once to access these systems.
- Single sign-on: Logging into any of these systems lets you access all of the others that you have rights to without having to log in again.
- 2 hour idle time: If you leave an application open in the background while you work, your session is good for up to 2 hours of inactivity. After 2 hours of inactivity, you will need to login again.
- 12 hour time limit: Regardless of activity, if you leave a session open for longer than 12 hours, you will have to login again.
- Persistent access: If you log out of an application, you will receive a logout confirmation screen, but your single sign-on session will remain active. Until you close all browser windows or until your session times out, you will be able to any of the systems you have rights to without re-entering your password.
Affected systems and their new URLs
If you have any questions, please contact the OIT Service Desk at 740-593-1222 or http://www.ohio.edu/oitech.