Catmail upgrade set for July 2, 2013
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Microsoft's has announced that their upgrade to Catmail, originally scheduled for May 18, will begin on July 2, 2013.
Undergraduates and alumni who are actively using their Catmail accounts should make sure their Catmail and OHIO passwords match before the upgrade begins on July 2.
Exchange email for graduate students and faculty will not be affected by this change.
Catmail users should keep the following in mind as the upgrade approaches:
- Once Microsoft starts the upgrade, Catmail password resets, email forwarding updates, and other account management tasks will be temporarily unavailable. You'll still be able to log in. You just won't be able to change account settings until Microsoft completes the upgrade.
- When the upgrade finishes a few days later, your Catmail password will automatically be synced with your OHIO ID password. The exact date will depend on how quickly Microsoft completes the upgrade.
- Your email quota will increase from 10GB to 25 GB.
- The OHIO logo at the top of your Catmail inbox will get replaced by a Microsoft Office 365 logo.
- Forwarding settings will NOT be affected by this upgrade.
- Other Microsoft Live services associated with your OHIO ID (Skydrive, Xbox Live, etc.) will become personal services, so you'll be able to set a separate password for them. To access Skydrive after the upgrade, visit https://skydrive.live.com/.
Questions can be directed to the OIT Service Desk at 740-593-1222 or online at www.ohio.edu/oitech.
Learn more about the Catmail upgrade