Blackboard update scheduled for May 9-10, 2013
Thursday, April 18, 2013
OIT has scheduled maintenance for Blackboard from 12:01 am on Thursday, May 9 through 5:00 pm on Friday, May 10 to apply Service Pack 9 and to enable Blackboard’s built-in blog, wiki, and journal tools. During this time window, Blackboard will be unavailable.
This update will NOT change the overall look and feel of Blackboard. It is designed to fix a number of reported bugs and enable some new tools. These include:
- Blogs, Wikis, and Journals: Blackboard’s built-in blog, wiki, and journal tools will be enabled for those who wish to use them. The current Campus Pack blogs, wikis, and journals will remain available, too, should you prefer to continue using them instead.
- Grade Book improvements
- Automated Re-grading - when editing an invalid test question, all necessary updates will flow automatically to Grade Center.
- Negative Marking - you now can apply negative points for wrong answers on test questions.
- Grade History - new column that can be customized to show grades through specified time periods.
- Rubric improvements
- More flexibility when designing/using rubrics, with support for any type of graded item.
- Allows percentage range as well as points range.
- Activity Reports will have additional features available.
- Course-to-Course clicking – clickable action link next to course title allows jumping from course to course.
- Content Area Menu
- New menu names: Build Content is unchanged. Others have been renamed to Assessments, Tools, and Publisher Content.
- Tools drop-down: Tool links are no longer under Build Content. Instead, they have their own drop down list, and more tools are included in that list.
- Add Menu Item - shorter option names.
- Course Menu – Course menu will be expanded by default. If a user collapses the menu, it will stay collapsed until the user chooses to re-expand it for that course only. Clicking into another course or ending the session both will return the menu back to its default expanded state.
- Archive/Export – now offers to include links and/or copies of content from outside the course files.
If you have any questions, please contact the OIT Service Desk at 740-593-1222 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.