- IDs & Accounts
- Tech Depot
- Networks / Telephones
- Academic Services
- Information Security
- Web Services
- OIT Projects
- About OIT
find my MAC/Physical Address?
How to find your MAC address (PDF) has instructions for many common operating systems and devices.
configure Catmail on my phone/tablet/etc?
If you want to configure your smart phone, tablet, or other mobile device to check Catmail, Microsoft has a handy how-to wizard with instructions:
clear my browser cache: Android
To clear cache, cookies, or history:
1. Start your browser.
2. Tap Menu, and then tap More.
3. Select Settings.
4. Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept (or Cancel to cancel) the deletion.
clear my browser cache: Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer 8 and above
1. From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History...
2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
3. Click Delete.
Internet Explorer 7
1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options.
2. Under "Browsing history", click Delete...
3. To delete your cache, click Delete files...
To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies...
To delete your history, click Delete history...
request an SSL certificate?
Please fill out form located at this web page:
report an Outage?
Call Service Desk at 740-593-1222.
access the university's VPN?
Use info from the page including link for vpn access
get my Ohio password reset, employee?
If you have secret questions set for your OHIO ID, you can reset your password yourself at:
If you don't have secret questions, please visit our password reset page.
get walk in assistance?
Walk in assistance is available at the Technology Depot in Baker Center 112. More information is available at http://www.ohio.edu/technology/depot/index.cfm
find Apple How-To videos?
Thank you for your interest in OIT. This is an exciting time to be involved in higher education as technology helps transform the ways we teach, learn and conduct research. OIT's flexible and robust technology offerings provide support for innovative academic programs, exemplary student support services and integrative co-curricular activities.
Duane Starkey, Interim Chief Information Officer