Each year, OIT will conduct surveys to identify current and emerging trends in IT usage patterns and to quantify the needs of the University community. These surveys are a systematic way to give voice to our customers and to identify what is working and what needs to be improved from our customers’ point of view.
Purpose of the surveys
- Document where customers are satisfied and where they are dissatisfied, including any gaps that cause disappointment with the customer experience.
- Identify improvements that are important to students, faculty, and staff.
- Use this data to prioritize continuous improvement initiatives that will make it easier for OHIO's IT customers to do their work.
Starting with the 2020-21 academic year, we will establish a regular survey schedule that begins in the fall and runs through the summer. For this pilot year, we plan to distribute the following surveys:
- Faculty survey on teaching technologies
- Workplace services survey
- Student technology experience survey
- Administrative systems survey
- Security and accessibility survey
Each survey will be distributed to sample populations within the University community that utilize those services.
Ultimately, we want to provide an excellent IT experience that supports the teaching, learning, research, and business needs of OHIO. Our goal is to improve our customers’ ability to use IT to get their work done.