IT Advisory Community: Surveys
The Surveys Advisory Community is open to OHIO students, faculty, and staff who have an interest in OHIO’s technologies for in-class surveys, research, course evaluations, and information gathering. The technologies include Qualtrics, REDCap, and Class Climate.
At a glance
IT Services roadmaps display where we currently are and where we expect to be in the coming months and years in regards to technology at Ohio University. This Advisory Community is one of the major channels that influences the roadmap and IT's future work for the service.
Advisory Communities not only provide a means for participants to engage with OHIO IT, but they also provide a platform for faculty, staff, and students to influence technology decisions based on their needs and experiences. In the past several months, this Advisory Community has:
- Gathered feedback for a surveys RFP. More than 270 survey users provided input on their survey needs and experiences. The first part of the RFP was awarded to Qualtrics in February, and the second phase covering course evaluation technologies began in March.
- Improved Qualtrics user experience for students. After receiving reports that students were often redirected to the vendor's site and prompted to create a new account, OIT updated the student login experience to direct them to the correct account type. This change went live in December.
- Benchmarked MyCap mobile app. Faculty requests for MyCap led to deeper exploration of MyCap, a mobile application for REDCap that allows research participants to record answers outside of a traditional survey. OIT is planning to offer this as a HIPPA-compliant tool in the future.
Advisory Community meetings are flexible and open. Anyone can attend. To get the most out of the experience, we recommend joining a special Microsoft Team that we have created to keep track of community-related conversations, documents, and meeting dates.
How to join the Microsoft Team
- Sign up for the Surveys Advisory Community on Microsoft Teams.
- When prompted, either:
- Download the Teams app, or
- Use the web app instead
- Check your email for a welcome message with more information on how to get the most out of the online group.
Any time the community meets, an online meeting space will be available inside of Microsoft Teams that you can use to participate remotely. The community's space in Teams also can be used to conduct chat-based conversations outside of scheduled meetings.
We also will post relevant files in the Team, such as agendas and minutes.
How to add Advisory Community meetings to your Outlook calendar
Once you have joined the Community on Teams:
- Locate a post with a purple calendar invite.
- Select the calendar invite and click Add to calendar.
Meetings will take place approximately once per quarter with additional sessions scheduled as needed to accommodate time-sensitive discussions or to address demand. The three most recent meetings are listed below.
|Date||Time||Location||Agenda & Minutes|
|08/19/2022||12-1:00 p.m.||Teams Meeting||
|01/25/2022||2-3:00 p.m.||Teams Meeting|
|08/31/2021||1-2:00 p.m.||Teams Meeting|