IT Advisory Community: Digital Workflow
The Digital Workflow Advisory Community is open to OHIO students, faculty, and staff who have an interest in automated workflows that replace manual business processes, electronic forms, document digitization, and digital document content management.
At a glance
IT Product roadmaps display where we currently are and where we expect to be in the coming months and years in regards to technology at Ohio University. This Advisory Community is one of the major channels that influences the roadmap and IT's future work for the service.
To view the Digital Workflow roadmap, navigate to our IT Product roadmaps webpage. Under Available roadmaps, in the Product dropdown menu, select Digital Workflow.
Advisory Communities not only provide a means for participants to engage with OHIO IT, but they also provide a platform for faculty, staff, and students to influence technology decisions based on their needs and experiences. In the past several months, this Advisory Community has:
- Provided real-world use cases for new Power Automate functionality that all OHIO users have access to within Microsoft SharePoint. Sharing these use cases will help IT technicians understand how this new functionality could realistically impact faculty and staff's day-to-day work and will influence the solutions that IT technicians recommend.
- Recommended that the digital workflow service team create a quick reference guide or FAQ document that details what IT can provide to faculty and staff in terms of process automation. This could include examples of past successful automation projects, examples of projects that could be done in the future, and/or examples of projects that certainly cannot be done. A guide like this would help faculty and staff get started with their process automation projects and understand what is possible. The service team is looking into creating a guide like this.
Advisory Community meetings are flexible and open. Anyone can attend. To get the most of out the experience, we recommend joining a special Microsoft Team that we have created to keep track of community-related conversations, documents, and meeting dates.
How to join the Microsoft Team
- Sign up for the Digital Workflow Advisory Community on Microsoft Teams
- When prompted, either:
- Download the Teams app, or
- Use the web app instead
- Check your email for a welcome message with more information on how to get the most out of the online group.
Any time the community meets, an online meeting space will be available inside of Microsoft Teams that you can use to participate remotely. The community's space in Teams can be used to conduct chat-based conversations outside of scheduled meetings.
We also will post relevant files in the Team, such as agendas and minutes.
How to add Advisory Community meetings to your Outlook calendar
Once you have joined the Community on Teams:
- Locate a post with a purple calendar invite.
- Select the calendar invite and click Add to calendar.
Meetings will take place at least once per quarter with additional sessions scheduled as needed to accommodate time-sensitive discussions or to address demand. The three most recent meetings are listed below.
|Date||Time||Location||Agenda & minutes|
|1/25/2022||10-11:00 a.m.||Teams Meeting|
|09/21/2021||10-11:00 a.m.||Teams Meeting|
|07/29/2021||10-11:00 a.m.||Teams Meeting|