To add official university dates to your calendar, download/save the appropriate .ics files and then follow the instructions for your version of Outlook.
- Right-click the link for the file you want.
- Choose Save Target As or Save Link As.
Make sure to take note of where you save the file! The Desktop is often a good place so that you can easily find it later.
- Follow the instructions for your version of Outlook:
Windows - Outlook 2010 and 2013
- Log into Outlook.
- Go to File : Open : Import...
In the Import and Export Wizard, select Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs). Then click Next:
Navigate to the location where you saved the .ics file, select that file and click OK. You will be prompted with a decision to Open as New or Import:
Import: This will add the .ics file's dates and times to your main calendar. If you have free/busy visible to other users, you will show as "Out of Office" on official holidays.
Open as New: This will use the .ics file's dates and times to create a SEPARATE calendar in your Catmail account. If you have free/busy visible to other users, you will show as "available" on university holidays.
Mac - Outlook 2011 & Outlook for Mac (2015 Office 365 version)
- Log into Outlook and go to your calendar.
- Go to the Finder and locate the .ics file you downloaded above. Drag and drop the .ics file onto either the Outlook icon in your dock or onto your Outlook calendar window.
- The dates and times in that .ics file will appear in your main calendar, and you will show as "Out of Office" on official holidays.