Configuring Entourage to Check CatMail
- In Entourage, go to the Tools pull-down menu, click Accounts.
- In the Accounts window, click the New button.
- In the New Account window, under "Add new mail account", select select POP or IMAP. You might want to use IMAP because it supports more features. Click OK.
- On the Edit Account page, under Account name, type a name for this account. (eg. CatMail)
- Under "Personal Information":
- Next to Name, enter your name as you want it to appear in the "From" field of
your outgoing messages.
- Next to E-mail address, enter your e-mail address: OHIOID@ohio.edu
- Under "Receiving mail":
- Next to Account ID, enter your full e-mail address: OHIOID@ohio.edu
- Next to IMAP server (if you chose IMAP) or POP server (if you chose POP), enter:
- Next to Password, enter your CatMail password. If you want to save your
password, you can select "Save password in my Mac OS keychain".
- Click Click here for advanced receiving options.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select the checkbox next to "This IMAP
service requires a secure connection (SSL)", and then click the close button
in the upper-left corner of the pop-up window.
- Under "Sending mail":
- Next to SMTP server, enter pod51000.outlook.com
- Click Click here for advanced sending options. In the pop-up window that
appears, do the following:
- Select the checkbox next to "SMTP service requires secure connection
- Select the checkbox next to "SMTP server requires authentication".
- Select "Use same settings as receiving mail server", and then click the
close button in the upper-left corner of the pop-up window.
- In the Edit Account window, click OK to save your settings.
- Close the Accounts dialog box.