Virtual Desktops (VDI)
Remote access to a full Windows desktop environment from any PC, Mac, iOS or Android device. When connected, screen images are sent to the user's device, and the user's keystrokes and mouse movements are sent to the virtual PC.
- STUDENTS: https://mydesktop.ohio.edu
- FACULTY & STAFF: https://securedesktop.ohio.edu
- You also can use the VMware Horizon View Client to access your assigned virtual desktop. Versions are available for Windows, Mac, iOS or Android.
- Available from anywhere with an internet connection using any compatible device - PC, Mac, iOS, or Android.
- Personal files and settings are stored independently and securely - no worries about leaving a file behind on a lab workstation.
- Sessions can be started on one device and continued on another with no interruption or loss of data.
- Computer labs
- Secure access to sensitive data (HIPAA, FERPA, etc.)
- Controlled access to specific software applications
- Current employees
- Students who are enrolled in a virtual desktop-enabled course
How to Request
- Students: If you are taking a course that uses virtual desktops, your department administrator or instructor will enable your access as required.
- Faculty/Staff: Contact the IT Service Desk to discuss options for enabling this feature.