Core mathematics and advanced graphical tools for data analysis, visualization, and algorithm and application development.
- Mac OS
- Classroom License: For student use in computer labs. Instructors using MatLab as part of a class can install a copy on a single device for their own use under this license, too.
- Individual Research License: For research use by a single faculty or staff member on one University-owned computer and (optionally) one personally owned computer, as long as both copies are not open simultaneously.
No charge, thanks to a cost sharing agreement between the Math Department, OIT, and the Russ College of Engineering.
Individual Research License
Individual MatLab licenses are subscription-based.
- MatLab basic: $200
- Optional Toolboxes: Each toolbox costs $200
- MatLab basic: $40 per year
- Optional Toolboxes: $40 per year
Costs are subject to change. OIT will contact you before your subscription renews each year to verify current pricing and need for the product.
How to Purchase
Contact the IT Service Desk with the following information:
- Software Title
- Individual or Classroom license
- For Individual licenses, please include the name(s) of any toolboxes you also need
- Operating System
- OHIO ID of individual responsible for the purchase
- Departmental account number for billing
Once we have processed your order, the IT Service Desk will email you a download link.