Help and Resources: Shared Mailboxes and Calendars
Accessing a shared mailbox or calendar
Outlook on the Web
Option 1: Add the shared folder to your list
- Log into https://catmail.ohio.edu with your own OHIO ID and password.
- If your name is not visible in your folder list, click More.
- In your expanded folder list, right click your name.
- Choose Add shared folder...
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox or calendar and click Add.
- Your shared mailbox/calendar will appear in your expanded folder list below your personal folders.
Option 2: Log in directly
- Visit https://email@example.com (replace firstname.lastname@example.org with your shared mailbox address).
- Log in using your own OHIO ID and password.
- Use the app launcher icon near the top of your OWA window to choose either Mail or Calendar.
Outlook for Windows
- Select the File tab.
- Click Account Settings and choose Account Settings from the drop-down.
- Select Change.
- Click More Settings at the bottom right.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Add button.
- Type in the mailbox name you received from the Service Desk and select OK.
- Select Apply and OK.
- Select Next, then select Finish.
- Close the Account Settings window.
Outlook for Mac
- From the File menu, choose Open Other User's Folder.
- Type the mailbox name into the search field.
- Click the corresponding name in the search results.
- In the Folder Type drop-down menu, choose Inbox or Calendar.
- Click Open.
- If prompted to allow an "autodiscover" connection, choose Always use my response for this server and click Allow.
- A folder with the shared mailbox's name will appear in your navigation pane.
- Create a new message.
- Go to the Options tab and select the From button.
- Select the From field and choose Other Email Address.
- Search for your shared mailbox's address and choose it.
For subsequent messages, your shared mailbox address will be an option in the From drop-down.