Opt-in/out, listserv-style mailing lists for small or large groups that include both OHIO and non-OHIO email addresses.
- Single address: Messages sent to the list address are delivered all members.
- One-way or two-way: A Mailman list can be a two-way discussion forum, or it can be an announcement list that only accepts mail from specific senders.
- Moderation: Messages can be delivered immediately, or they can be held for approval by the list moderator(s).
- Membership management - In most cases, you can manage your own list's membership.
- Discussion groups and announcement lists where at least some of the subscribers have non-OHIO email addresses.
- If your list will be limited to OHIO email users, then you should use a Catmail distribution group instead.
- Creation: You must be a current employee, emeriti, or a registered student organization to request a Mailman list.
- Access: Anyone with a valid email address can be a member of a Mailman list.