Setup Instructions: Catmail
To access your OHIO email and calendar on a mobile device, download and install the free Microsoft Outlook app from your device's app store:
The first time you open the app, it will prompt you to set your account up. Enter your full OHIO email address. When prompted, log in with your OHIO ID and password.
If you would like to use your device's built-in mail and calendar apps, generic settings are available; however, we cannot guarantee full compatibility for any app other than Outlook.
Outlook 2016 first-time setup
- Start Outlook.
- When prompted, enter your OHIO email address and OHIO password.
- Outlook should perform the rest of the setup automatically.
Adding your OHIO account to an existing Outlook setup
If you were already using Outlook with another email account, follow these steps to add your OHIO account.
- IMAP/POP clients do not support calendar access.
- Clients that support Exchange or Office 365 account-types may not support all of Catmail's features.
- Many third party email/calendar apps will stop working in 2019 when Microsoft drops support for the authentication methods those apps use.
- If using a Blackberry, your device needs to support "Exchange ActiveSync." Older Blackberries that require the use of a "BES" server are not compatible with Catmail.
|Account type||Exchange or Office 365|
|Username||Your email address (OhioID@ohio.edu format)|
|Domain\Username||Your email address (OhioID@ohio.edu format)|
|Password||Your OHIO password|
|Protocol||Server name||Port||Connection Method|
Some POP clients include an option to delete messages from the server either immediately or after a set period of time. We recommend disabling this feature. If you enable this feature, you will not be able to see messages via the web or from other computers once your POP client has removed them from the server.
Visit Microsoft's support site for more detailed setup instructions.