Team-based group chat, instant messaging, and collaboration tool that works with OneDrive, OneNote, and other Office 365 services via Microsoft Groups. Offers team-wide channels, private group chats, and individual chat sessions. Persistent histories make it easy to review past conversations and shared documents.
On the web
- https://teams.microsoft.com (Use your full OHIO email address as your username)
- Teams also can be reached by logging into OneDrive or Catmail and using the "waffle" app launcher icon.
Desktop and mobile
For the best experience, we recommend using the Teams apps:
- The Teams laptop/desktop app can be downloaded inside the web version of Teams, or from https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads. (Recommended by OIT for full functionality)
- Mobile apps are available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 10 from their respective app stores
- Chat-based collaboration
- Share files and attachments
- In-app quick collaboration and direct access to shared documents in OneDrive
- Threaded conversations in Team channels for enduring topics or projects
- Nameable Chats for individual or small-group private conversations
- Integrated with Outlook for group Meetings
- Easy membership management
- OneDrive for Business Group cloud storage
- Chat-based collaboration space for coworkers, departments, research groups, project teams, committees, etc.
- To be owner or co-owner of a Team: Faculty, staff, and emeriti
- To be a Team member, or to use Teams for individual or small-group private chats: Anyone with a valid OHIO ID
How to Request
Request a new Group and Team
- Division or College
- Department: For organization, this should be the sponsoring department
- Preferred Display Name: A short, descriptive name of your Group. The Group's shared email address will be based on this name.
- Purpose of Group/Team:
- Will the Group be used to store sensitive data (HIPAA, FERPA, PHI, etc.)?
- Group Owner(s): The Name and Ohio email address of at least one person who will be responsible for managing Group membership.
*Group Addresses are hidden from the Global Address List