Team-based group chat, instant messaging, and collaboration tool that works with OneDrive, OneNote, and other Office 365 services via Microsoft Groups. Offers team-wide channels, private group chats, and individual chat sessions. Persistent histories make it easy to review past conversations and shared documents.
On the web
- https://teams.microsoft.com (Use your full OHIO email address as your username)
- Teams also can be reached by logging into OneDrive or Catmail and using the "waffle" app launcher icon.
Desktop and mobile
- The Teams laptop/desktop app can be downloaded inside the web version of Teams, or from https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads.
- Mobile apps are available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 10 from their respective app stores
- Chat-based collaboration
- Share files and attachments
- In-app quick collaboration and direct access to shared documents in OneDrive
- Threaded conversations in Team channels for enduring topics or projects
- Nameable Chats for individual or small-group private conversations
- Integrated with Outlook for group Meetings
- Membership in your Team is managed through Microsoft Groups
- Chat-based collaboration space for coworkers, departments, research groups, project teams, committees, etc.
- To be owner or co-owner of a Team: Faculty, staff, and emeriti
- To be a Team member, or to use Teams for individual or small-group private chats: Anyone with a valid OHIO ID
How to Request
Request a new Group/Team
- Group/Team Name: A short, descriptive name for your Microsoft Group and Team.
- Sponsoring Department: Department that the Team primarily belongs to.
- Team Owner(s): The OHIO ID of at least one person who will be responsible for managing Team membership.
Add Teams to an existing Group
If you already are the owner of a Microsoft Group, we can add Teams to that Group for you. Simply include the name and email address for that Group when you submit your request.