A powerful team-based collaboration tool that provides group chat, channeled conversations, instant messaging, live document collaboration, calls and meetings (from 1:1 to fully-featured audio/video conferencing). Teams works in conjunction with other Office 365 applications such as OneDrive, OneNote, and Office applications via Microsoft Groups. Persistent histories make it easy to review past conversations and shared documents.
Desktop and mobile
For the best experience, we recommend using the Teams apps:
- Download the Teams app for Windows or Mac.
- Mobile apps are available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 10 from their respective app stores
On the web
- teams.ohio.edu (Use your full OHIO email address as your username)
- Teams also can be reached by logging into OneDrive or Catmail on the web and using the "waffle" app launcher icon.
- Chat-based collaboration.
- Share files and attachments.
- In-app quick collaboration and direct access to shared documents in OneDrive.
- Threaded conversations in Team channels for enduring topics or projects.
- Nameable Chats for individual or small-group private conversations.
- Integrated with Outlook for group Meetings.
- Easy membership management.
- OneDrive for Business Group cloud storage.
- Audio and video-based meetings, with a telephone call-in option.
- Chat-based collaboration space for coworkers, departments, research groups, project teams, committees, etc.
- Online meetings, including meetings with participants in multiple locations.
- Audio conferencing.
- Video conferencing.
- To be owner or co-owner of a Team: Faculty, staff, and emeriti
- To be a Team member, or to use Teams for individual or small-group private chats: Anyone with a valid OHIO ID
- To create a meeting that includes an audio conferencing telephone number: Current students; full time faculty, administrative, classified non-bargaining and OUPD staff.
- To join a remote meeting via Teams or telephone: Anyone
How to Request
Request a new Group and Team
- Division or College
- Department: For an organization, this should be the sponsoring department.
- Preferred Display Name: A short, descriptive name of your Group. The Group's shared email address will be based on this name.
- Purpose of Group/Team
- Will the Group be used to store sensitive data (HIPAA, FERPA, PHI, etc.)?
- Group Owner(s): The Name and Ohio email address of at least one person who will be responsible for managing Group membership.
*Group Addresses are hidden from the Global Address List