Collaboration, Email, and Storage: IT Services
Email and Calendar
- Email - Catmail offers Office 365-based email accounts for OHIO students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Calendar - Online calendaring tool for scheduling meetings with colleagues, students, and other OHIO account holders.
- Mailing Lists - Opt-in/out, listserv-style discussion or announcement lists for small or large groups.
- Mass Mailings - Bulk email sent to all faculty/staff/students or to specific subsets of the University community. This service also can be used to obtain an electronic file that contains employee directory information.
- Shared Mailboxes and Calendars - Custom Office 365 email address that lets one or more individuals send and receive mail using that address rather than their personal address. Can also be used for calendar appointments.
- Group-Based Collaboration: Microsoft Groups - Shared workspaces for email, conversations, files, and events where group members can communicate and collaborate. For example, you can request a group for your team and then invite other Office 365 users to join the group to share documents, conversations, meeting notes, and OneNote information related to your specific group.
File Storage and Sharing
- OneDrive - File storage and sharing with collaborative editing capabilities using Microsoft Office Online.
- FileLocker - Web-based application for temporary, secure file storage and sharing.
- Home and Shared Network Folders - Secure, high speed, on-campus file storage that can be mapped to a Windows network drive, mounted on a Mac via Command-K, or accessed from off campus via VPN. Default quotas for individuals on home.ohio.edu are 10 GB. Departmental quotas on shared.ohio.edu are determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Box - Box is being replaced at Ohio University with OneDrive for Business. All OHIO Box accounts became read-only on August 1, 2018. Box content will remain available to view or download until the end of the calendar year. On December 31, 2018, Box will be turned off, and all accounts deleted.
Chat and Remote Meetings
- Microsoft Teams - Team-based group chat, instant messaging, and collaboration tool that works with OneDrive, OneNote, and other Office 365 services via Microsoft Groups. Offers team-wide channels, private group chats, and individual chat sessions. Persistent histories make it easy to review past conversations and shared documents.
- Skype for Business - Microsoft Office 365 communication tool for video chat, instant messaging, and hosting or attending online meetings.