Blackboard Learn is Ohio University's centrally supported Learning Management System. Blackboard Learn is available to all current faculty, staff and students. Blackboard Learn integrates communication tools with a multitude of content delivery options. Blackboard Learn can be used to supplement classroom-based courses, supply the online component of hybrid courses, or deliver the content for distance education courses. Blackboard Learn enables 'conversations in the cloud'.
Blackboard Learn News
Campus Pack is being retired April 30, 2017. Click here for more information.
Click here for Blackboard's official browser checker.
Ohio University currently recommends Firefox for all Blackboard activities. Download the latest Firefox here.
Instructors - take it to the next level and SuperCharge your Blackboard course with these dynamic and engaging tools!
Ignite student participation!
Top Hat - a comprehensive teaching platform that helps instructors easily create an interactive lecture experience.
- Upload and display PowerPoint presentations
- Create customized multimedia-rich slide shows
- Content displays in class and on mobile devices simultaneously
- Present from an iPad, mobile device or desktop browser
- Poll students & ask questions
- Track attendance
- Capture student responses in real-time
- Sync question and attendance scores to Blackboard
- Hold discussions (anonymous, or not)
- Mobile-friendly, free app, no hardware clickers or licenses required
Panopto - lecture capture software that allows instructors to record their lectures and students to replay those lectures at a later time. Panopto has several potential uses, such as:
- Recording a demonstration in class
- Creating a voiceover PowerPoint presentation
- Recording student presentations
- Many more!
Voice Thread - VoiceThreaders are one of the most diverse communities in the world, and that is by design. Participate using your voice, video or text. Use a screen reader or caption your videos. Use any computer, device, or internet connection. Join in the way that works best for you.
- Provide "Untethered," on-demand participation for students and educators
- Build a stronger sense of community within classes
- Streamline course infrastructure with a media agnostic platform
- Remove logistical barriers of time and place from online learning environments
- Offer accessible means of participation for anyone
- Enhance understanding of visual concepts via multi-modal commentary with annotation
Create mobile device-friendly assessments - use this guide to build tests for use with the Bb Student app.