Your Ohio University ID card is used to verify your status as a student, faculty or staff member in good standing. Student IDs are validated by registration/enrollment information, while staff IDs are validated based on Human Resources records.
Protect your ID card the same way you would protect your driver's license or bank card. If you lose your card, you should deactivate it to prevent any unauthorized transactions. If you don't report or deactivate a lost ID card, you may be liable for any fraudulent transactions completed using the lost card.
- Manage your ID card with eAccounts
- Add or view your Bobcat Cash balance
- Deactivate a lost or stolen card
- Upload an ID card picture (new students and employees only)
Services that require your ID card
- Alden Library materials check-out
- Ping Center, Aquatic Center, and Bird Arena memberships
- Bobcat Cash at all Culinary Services dining venues and select campus retail, vending and laundry operations
- Athletic event admission, student section
- Meal Plans / Flex Points
- Building access in some locations
- Faculty/Staff e-mail activation and password resets
- Bobcat Depot - to purchase software/hardware/apparel/accessories, etc.
Other locations or services also may require you to use your ID card.
How to Request
- Students: You will receive your ID card as part of Bobcat Student Orientation, or you can visit the appropriate campus location:
- Athens Campus - Bobcat Depot
- Regional Campuses - Regional campuses typically issue ID cards in their IT or Student Services area. Contact your specifc campus for additional information.
- Online Students - Email the Bobcat Depot to obtain your ID card through the mail. Include a passport style photo of you as well as your PID number and physical mailing address.
- Faculty and Staff: You will receive your ID card as part of New Employee Orientation, or your department may ask you to visit the Bobcat Depot.
- Others: Community Cards are issued to individuals who are neither employees nor students but who need access to specific University services like Alden Library, the Ping Center, Aquatic Center, etc. Requests should be placed through the issuing department.
If your ID card is lost or stolen, you should deactivate it immediately:
- Log into eAccounts.
- Select Card Services from the main menu.
- Select Deactivate card.
Failure to report or deactivate a lost or stolen card may result in liability for any fraudulent transactions completed using the lost card.
A $12 replacement fee applies for cards that have been lost or stolen.
We will replace a defective card for free as long as you return the old card at the time of the request. Before issuing a replacement, we may test the card to verify that it hasn't been damaged or broken.
A $5 replacement fee applies for cards that are damaged or broken, if you return the damaged card at the time of the replacement.
Name, status, or other changes
If your legal name, university status (student, faculty, staff), or identification number changes, we will issue a new card for free if you return the old card at the time of the request. Before requesting a new card, please submit proof of the changed information to the appropriate office: