Emergency Programs has the resources to prepare your area for emergencies
Photo courtesy of: University Communications and MarketingJill Harris
What have you accomplished this year to better prepare for the unexpected?
- Is your office ready for a major crisis? Can you “turn on a dime” and continue daily operations without much interruption? Are you one of those offices who would be expected to “expand” operations during an emergency?
- Are you personally prepared and have plans in place for families, children and pets?
- Have you thought about the historical information that is stored in the memories of those long term employees? How can this information be transferred so that those who follow can utilize tried and proven practices from the past?
- Have you “exercised” your business operations plan in anticipation of a time when normal activity is not possible?
DO YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO TOMORROW WHAT YOU WERE DOING YESTERDAY – NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TODAY?
The Ohio University Emergency Programs Office offers support for emergency planning through the creation of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to address:
- Reduction in staff (pandemic flu)
- Loss of space (fire, flood, utility disruption)
- Loss of technology/internet
Utilizing Kuali Ready cloud based solution, a system designed by higher education for higher education, will provide you with a guided planning process and central access point to create, manage and evaluate a readiness plan for your unit.
The software is easy to use and will capture that vital information that is needed to reestablish essential business functions when faced with adverse events. To date there are 166 active business continuity plans at Ohio University.
The Emergency Programs Office also conducts monthly brown bag lunch sessions and coordinates ALiCE (Active Shooter) training programs with the Ohio University Police Department for faculty, staff and students.
Find more resources at: https://www.ready.gov/