Spring Semester is quickly coming to an end, and thousands of Ohio University students will be moving out of campus residence halls in the coming days. Please find below a review of supporting campus transportation & parking accommodations to aid in campus move out efforts Wednesday, May 1, through Saturday, May 4.
Residence hall closing
All residence halls will officially close at 8 p.m. on Friday, May 3. For more information regarding housing and the check out process please visit this website.
Check out time considerations:
- Graduate Commencement will take place on Friday, May 3, causing a change in regular parking from approximately 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. It is recommended that students plan to check out outside of this time period for increased parking availability.
Campus parking accommodations
Several parking accommodations are available to students during the move out time period. Based on your housing location please see available parking with proximity to your green. All parking areas detailed below will be available from Wednesday, May 1, through Friday, May 3.
General move out parking: available for utilization once vehicles have been loaded and if students plan to remain on campus.
- Students may utilize campus dark green and purple lots in regular non-metered, non-restricted spaces for move out purposes.
- Please reference parking visual provided which highlights authorized move out lots within close proximity to the Convocation Center. For a complete list of campus lots please reference this diagram.
Lot Closure Considerations: The Convocation Center Garage will close at 11 p.m. on Monday, April 29, through Saturday, May 11, to accommodate cleaning, painting and set up from Spring & OUHCOM commencement activities. Parking will be unavailable in this location during this time.
30-minute parking: available in lots with close proximity to residential housing locations where available. Students may utilize these designated locations to load their vehicle and move to a general parking area if planning to stay on campus beyond loading. The 30-minute parking lots include:
- East Green: Parking will be available along East Green Drive. Signage will be present designating 30-minute loading zones and restricted parking to allow for emergency vehicle passage.
- South Green: Lots 56-58 along South Green Drive will be available for 30-minute loading, Living Learning Center, Morton Hall Lot 90, Ping Center Lot 93, Gamertsfelder Hall.
- Bromley Hall: Students may utilize the parking lot located behind Bromley to load items prior to checking out.
Campus Road Closures
During this period two road closures will be in place to assist with move-out activities.
South Green: North McKinley Avenue: Friday, May 3
The south portion of North McKinley Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic from Mackinnon Hall, Crawford Hall and Nelson Hall.
South Green: University Terrace: Thursday, May 2- Friday, May 3
The South bound lane of University Terrace will be closed to allow for one-way traffic flow. 30-minute parking will be provided along the North bound side of University Terrace and parking available in Lot 6 located at the upper portion of Scott Quad. University Terrace can be accessed by Race Street.
Campus transportation resources
Daily Campus Shuttles (CATS): Available Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. servicing dedicated areas and parking lots on campus. For additional information on service routes and times please visitthis website.
Evening/Late Night Shuttle Service (CATS Late Night):Free on-demand transit service for students, faculty/staff providing a safe and secure method of travel across campus, Monday- Friday 5:30 p.m. until 3 a.m. and Saturday-Sunday from 9:30 p.m. until 3 a.m. Call or text 740-593-4040 to schedule a ride.
Accessible Transportation:Free accessible transportation for faculty/staff and students with mobility limitations. Call 740-593-1917 for more information.
For more information on Transportation & Parking resources please connect with the TPS Customer Care Center Team at 740-593-1917 or firstname.lastname@example.org.